Happy Friday. This week we have an interview with an indie hacker who has bootstrapped Tiiny.host to $5k MRR.
Phil is a friend of mine and much of what you hear are lessons that I've already been on the receiving end of.
In this edition of the newsletter, I've introduced two new sections - interviews and news.
I am thinking of naming this newsletter The Business of DevTools and providing more updates like this - what do you think?
Interview with Phil, founder of tiiny.host
- Not everything has to be groundbreaking. It's easier to take something that already exists & improve it than create something brand new.
- If you can save people time and/or money, people will pay for the product.
- Developer Markepear take a look into Supabase's Twitter feed and investigate how to market to developers on Twitter.
- Developer marketing — Is it an oxymoron?
- Don’t Practice Vanity-Driven Developer Marketing
- Best developer marketing podcasts
- Anthony Campolo, a Developer Advocate at QuickNode explores blockchain infrastructure and tooling
- A devtools discussion with Elena Kokkinara from Inflight VR
News, raises & launches
- Infrastructure Q1 revenues hit $44bn in total, up 36% YoY
- CVAT - a Computer Vision Annotation Tool - launched on Product Hunt
- Basedash launched on ProductHunt with a better way to make internal apps
Until next time!